Noia (b.1982) is a visual storyteller with an educational background in Economics and a decade of professional
experience in journalism as a journalist, photographer and translator/fixer covering business, investigative reports,
conflict and general news on Thailand with various magazines, newspapers, and TV channels from around the world.
Originally from Hadyai, southern Thailand, where she is currently based. As an artist, She now explores and experiments her practice across the genres - from photography, mixed media, painting, and writing - all for meaningful works that tell stories and aesthetically stimulate the sense of mind.
Her works are showing a great deal of subject variety in different themes from her early documentary photography with the War Within and monochrome portraitures, to recent works of vivid and abstract visual fictions in My Melancholia Melodies, and a transcendent dark and mysterious world of ghost and spiritualism in Thailand and the Malayu Peninsular in Into the Monsoon Mystery.
- Unknown/Asia Art Exchange Osaka 2019 - 2 Reviewer Prizes.
- Wonder Foto Day 2019 - Jury Award.
- Newsprint Award 2014 - Winner.
- Sony World Photography Awards 2013 - Campaign Category Shortlist, Professional Competition.
- Butterfly Tears : Contemporary Photography and Video Salon, @Auction Center Taipei. Taiwan. 23 - 25 August, 2019.
- The Muted Whispers of the Wild Water at a Nightfall : Family of No Man Exhibition with Cosmos. The Rencontres d’Arles. France. 2018.
- The War Within newsprint : Photobook As Object/Photobook Who Cares with Reminders Photography Stronghold, @The Hardcovers Bookshop. Photo Bangkok. Thailand. 5 - 31 July, 2018.
- The War Within : @Chiangmai University Art Center. Chiangmai Photo Festival. Thailand. February, 2015.
- The War Within : solo exhibition, @the Reminders Photography Stronghold, Tokyo. Japan. 27 September - 12 October, 2014.
- The War Within : Asian Women Photographers' Showcase 2014, @Obscura Festival, Penang. Malaysia. August, 2014.
- Mae Ying : Thailand Projection, @Image Singulieres - Sète. France. May, 2014.
- Mae Ying : @the Royal University of Phnom Penh. Photo Phnom Penh. Cambodia. December, 2013.
- Mae Ying : Handmade photobook, IPA Photo Books Show 2013, @the National Museum of Singapore. 19 - 20 October, 2013.
- I'M GAY : Campaign Category Shortlist, Professional Competition, 2013 Sony World Photography Awards, @Somerset House London. The United Kingdom. 26 April - 12 May, 2013.
- Mae Ying : THE REMINDERS PROJECT for World Event Young Artists (WEYA), @the Wallner Gallery, Lakeside Arts Centre, Nottingham. The United Kingdom. 7 - 16 September, 2012.
- Scholarship participant of Foundry Photojournalism Workshop with James Whitlow Delano and Paula Bronstein. Chiangmai, Thailand, 2012.
- Scholarship participant of World Press Masterclass with Patrick Brown and Giulio Di Sturco. Bangkok, Thailand, 2011.
- Scholarship participant of Angkor Photo Workshop with Antoine d’Agata. Siemreap, Cambodia, 2008.